James Learmonth was an influential educational practitioner in the UK who believed strongly that education was the key to greater inclusion, social stability and international co-operation. When James died in 2003, his family, colleagues and friends decided to establish the James Learmonth Scholarship Programme in his memory. The aim of this programme is to support teachers and educational leaders in Malawi to pursue studies in education.
We award up to two scholarships per year to support students to study for a Master’s in Education (Policy Planning and Leadership) at Chancellor College, Malawi.
Are you eligible?
Applicants must be:
- a first or second year student on the MA in Education (Policy, Planning and Leadership) at Chancellor College
- a national of and resident in Malawi
- in possession of a good undergraduate degree
What we offer
This scholarship is valued at approximately US$3,500 per academic year, to cover tuition fees and provide a modest living allowance. This figure may be amended, subject to confirmation of tuition fees.
How to apply
We are not currently accepting applications.
Please read the guidelines from last year for more information about how to apply. When we are open for applications the application form will appear here and you will need to send this to us along with the following supporting documentation:
• ID document (passport, driving license or birth certificate)
• Undergraduate degree certificate
• Reference letters from two referees
• A copy of your two most recent payslips, if you are employed