Canon Collins invites applications for Thekgo Bursaries. These bursaries are for registration fees for courses at postgraduate and undergraduate level in the following disciplines:
· Languages and Literature
· Media Studies
· Gender Studies
· Arts (Digital Arts, Drama/Performance Studies, Visual Arts/Fine Arts, History of Art, Film and Television Studies, Music)
For 2019 academic year, these bursaries will only be awarded to students admitted for first year study (undergraduate or postgraduate) for any of the above disciplines, at public universities in Kwazulu-Natal Province, South Africa. Eligible institutions are:
- Durban University of Technology
- University of Kwazulu-Natal
- University of Zululand
- Mangosuthu University of Technology
Applications will not be considered for other courses or institutions.
Are you eligible?
· You must:
. be a national of, or have refugee status in any African country.
· be accepted for your first year of study at a university in Kwazulu-Natal province in South Africa in 2019, for a full-time programme (undergraduate or post-graduate).
· demonstrate academic merit
· be admitted to study within one of the areas listed above
· demonstrate financial need
What we offer
We usually dispense about 5-7 bursaries per year depending on the number of applicants. The selection committee decides on the actual amount that will be awarded to individual successful applicants, up to a maximum of R7500.
How to apply
We are currently open for applications. Please read the guidelines before applying. We are now accepting applications. You can apply by sending your completed completed application form and supporting documents to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 17h December 2018 at 11pm GMT. Late applications will not be considered.