The Destiny & Hope Foundation aims is to kick-start the move towards a new economy through big ideas and fresh thinking. Our approach involves:
- training & developing independent young people in business and entrepreneurship through a blended learning approach, including face to face facilitation and the provision of open online courses
- conducting high quality, ground-breaking research highlighting problems in the current economy and advocating for evidence-led reform
- working with other organisations locally, regionally and across the world, to build a movement for economic change through book cafes, seminars and business workshops
- assisting youths with employment placements, and providing financial aid for studies and business start-ups
- mentoring and coaching youths about ethical leadership in business and society, through a new online radio show
Over the past two years, the Destiny & Hope Foundation have made significant gains by leveraging community centre resources in conjunction with the City of Johannesburg and developing a number of strategic partnerships:
- Securing 200 free Seth Godin entrepreneurship courses through the Udemy network and partnering with Regenesys Business School, to provide free business education courses.
- Partnering with Edx, Coursera and LinkedIn learning to provide training in industry specific skills.
- Reaching at least 30,000 youths to date, enhancing their academic credentials and access to professional opportunities.
- 80 % of surveyed youth participants now express a preference for creating jobs, rather than looking for jobs, by starting their own businesses.