- Vuyi was born in Bulwer, Kwazulu-Natal, and raised in Dambuza and Imbali Townships on the outskirts of Pietermartizburg.
- After completing her junior degree and qualifying as a teacher, she received a Canon Collins scholarship to study Psychological Counselling in London.
- Vuyi went on to complete an Honours and Masters degree in Psychology at the University of KwaZulu-Natal. She is currently studying for her PhD in Psychology, also at the University of Kwazulu-Natal.
- Vuyi is employed as the manager of the Psychology Clinic of the Phelophepa Health Train, where her responsibilities include training, guiding, supervising and debriefing psychology students.
- Vuyi is passionate about advancing access to psychological services for people in rural areas, and is currently working with fellow Canon Collins alumni, universities, government departments and community structures to find ways to strengthen this access.
- Vuyi has successfully juggled being a scholar, a career woman, a wife and a mother, raising two boys and two girls.
Adding value to the lives of young people, women, people with disabilities and community members using my life experiences, professional skills and functional roles in my profession.
Increasing access to psychological services for those most in need, in poor and rural communities.