Improving access to healthcare in poor and rural communities
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Commerce, Innovation / IT
- Onke has an MSc Public Health an MSc in Counselling Psychology and is currently registered for a PhD in Psychology.
- He works in the area of health services management and is dedicated to improving access to healthcare services in poor and rural communities.
- Currently, Onke is working for the Transnet Foundation as an Operations Manager with a health Portfolio and is specifically involved within the Transnet-Phelophepa Health Care Train Project.
- Onke is interested in perceptions of quality of health care services and quality improvement; health related behaviours, as well as self-regulation strategies.
- In his spare time, Onke is also involved in a youth focused NPO called Youth Leadership & Entrepreneurship Development (YLED) as a volunteer.
- Find out more about Onke’s important work in this interview with Canon Collins Trust.
- Connect with Onke on LinkedIn.
Managing the Transnet-Phelophepa Health Care Train project for five years and providing vital primary health care services to rural South Africans.
Researching perceptions of quality and self-regulatory behaviour.
Operations Manager (Health Portfolio), Transnet Foundation