Ntai Martin Khoabane
Chemist and Educator
- Ntai was born at Ha Paki, in the Maseru district of Lesotho.
- His achievements include winning a Canon Collins Scholarship to study in the UK and successful completion of an MSc in Chemistry.
- The results of his MSc research culminated in a peer reviewed publication in the Journal of Inorganic Chemistry of the American Chemical Society. He has gone on to publish in a number of academic journals including the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Sciences.
- Ntai is now a lecturer of Chemistry at the National University of Lesotho.
- Professional challenges faced by Ntai include the decommissioning of the NMR spectrometer which frustrated his research activities.
- Ntai is an active member of the Lesotho chapter of the Canon Collins Alumni Network.
Being awarded a Canon Collins scholarship to study in the UK.
Ntai is a subscribed member of the South African Spectroscopy Society and is moving towards water and soil analysis as well as chemical education research.