Michail Darryn Le Roux
Lawyer and social entrepreneur
University of the Western Cape
Law/ Human Rights
- Raised in a Eurocentric Cape Town, Michail grew up coming to terms with living in a continent which is not only poverty stricken, but saddled with a system and ideologies that does not represent its people.
- Michail holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree majoring in Law & Economics and an LLB, both acquired at the University of the Western Cape.
- While studying, Michail served as Community Service Coordinator for Students for Law and Social Justice which gave him the opportunity to speak on legal justice panels all over South Africa.
- Michail is now training to become a fully admitted attorney at Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr.
- In the future, Michail has plans to establish two businesses: one involving a fresh take on greenhouses for African food security and nutrition, and the other will be a company providing affordable organic and herbal remedies.
- Michail also hopes to further his studies and obtain a Master’s degree in Development Finance.
Securing Articles of clerkship at Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr: an International law firm considered one of the best in Africa
Development Finance; Competition/Antitrust law