Enhancing financial incusion
University of Cape Town
Innovation / IT
- Hillary is a Zimbabwean social entrepreneur and emerging action researcher
- He completed an MPhil in Inclusive Innovations at the University of Cape Town
- He is a strong believer in the creation of alternative ways of doing business that challenge the system.
- Hillary is currently focused researching on how social entrepreneurship can be used to address social injustice, inequality and poverty amongst youth in Zimbabwe.
- He is the founder of PENYA, a financial institution that enhances financial inclusion for Bottom of the Pyramid youth.
- Hillary is also involved in providing migrant youth with access to financial services through PENYA Finance.
Piloting his social financial institution (PENYA Finance) and publishing 3 conference papers and 1 book chapter.
Social entrepreneurship and the creation of opportunities for marginalised groups such as youth and migrants.