Environmental law expert
Environment, Law & Human Rights
- Caiphas is a Zimbabwean legal researcher and academic who specialises in environmental law.
- His current area of focus is analysing global environmental justice through the constitutionalisation of environmental rights in Africa, including investigations related to the intersection of sustainability and the law.
- Caiphas has presented papers at a number of international conferences on topics including poaching in Africa, water security, environmental racism, as well as environmental rights.
- He has published widely on the topic of customary law, business and human rights, and enviromental law
- Forthcoming peer reviewed works will address water security in Southern Africa; environmental justice and slow violence in relation to Marikana; the socio-legal impacts of Zimbabwe's 'Look East Policy'; and good environmental governance (GEG) in the extractive industry. He will also be editing a forthcoming UNEP book on Global Environmental Constitutionalism.
- Caiphas has been involved in arranging a number of high level symposiums, including hosting the UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights and the Environment.
- Connect with Caiphas on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Managing to complete four peer reviewed and accredited manuscripts in one year while working on my PhD.
Transnational Environmental Rights Law