Making health resources accessible to all
University of Cape Town
- Aretha has a small, close-knit family who have always provided her with lots of support to fulfil her life goals.
- She was raised in Cape Town, in the shadow of Devil’s Peak, and still lives there as she finds the city and its nature beautiful.
- In 2012, Aretha received a Canon Collins Scholarship, which allowed her to complete a PhD in Cell Biology.
- Her interest in biology guided her into cancer research and Aretha hopes to contribute to the field in South Africa, and beyond.
- Since the completion of her PhD, Aretha has been working for HealthQ Technologies, a data health company.
- Aretha is passionate about making health resources available to everyone.
- Her work focuses on cardiovascular biology with a view to providing affordable and accurate heart monitoring solutions using wearable technology.
- Connect with Aretha on LinkedIn.
Completing my PhD.
Looking at non-invasive, affordable and easily available methods to measure markers of cardiovascular ageing or disruption.