- Alan is a Malawian activist with over 10 years' experience advocating for human rights protection of marginalised people.
- He has previously headed programme implementation for a national human rights institution in Malawi and coordinated monitoring and evaluation of inter-country programmes involving over 40 civil society organisations advancing the rights-based approach to HIV/AIDS policies in southern and eastern Africa.
- Alan has also been involved in coordinating the strategic planning and implementation of an Africa Programme for an inter-governmental agency with presence in all continents of the world.
- His PhD research investigated the implementation of human rights protection of marginalised communities in Malawi, focusing on the rights of persons based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Listen to our conversation with Alan about his work as an advocate of LGBTQ rights in Malawi.
- Connect with Alan on LinkedIn.
Facilitating a cooperation agreement between a national human rights institution in Malawi and its counterpart in the United Kingdom.
In relation to human rights or development programmes, Alan is interested in facilitating research, programme planning and management, monitoring and evaluation, governance and accountability, and advocacy.