Stuart joined the Trust as CEO in 2015 having previously worked for 24 years in International Development, most recently as a Programme Manager for Comic Relief. He previously lived in South Africa while working as Country Director for VSO.
Gillian works with the Trust's civil society partners in South Africa, and coordinates the Alumni Network. She has 20 years’ experience working on education and community development projects in South Africa and Lesotho. She holds a PhD in Adult Education from University of the Witwatersrand.
Eva manages the Trust's multiple international scholarship programmes. She joined Canon Collins Trust in 2014, having previously worked in communications. Eva holds an MSc in International Relations from Kingston University.
Katie joined the Trust in March 2018. She holds an LLM in Human Rights Law from the University of Cape Town, and has experience volunteering for charities in South Africa, Ghana and Sierra Leone.
Roger has worked at the Trust since 2012. He has twelve years’ experience of financial management in the charity sector, including five years with a national disability charity.
Hayden joined the Trust in October 2017 after graduating from the University of Cambridge with a BA in Human, Social and Political Sciences. He previously volunteered for a charity in Kenya and is passionate about addressing inequality and educational disadvantage.
Sarvani joined the Trust as a Volunteer in August 2017. She holds an LLB and an LLM from Rhodes University and is an advocate and member of the Johannesburg bar.
We are currently searching for:
Communications Officer.See job description
Salary: £25 - 30,000 per annum, pro rata in the UK, competitive in SA.
The post-holder will play a critical role within the Trust, developing the organisation’s profile through strong and targeted communications of all types. S/he will be a key point of contact with donors and supporters of the Trust.
Scholarships Assistant. See job description
Salary: £19,200 per annum, pro rata.
Up to 7 months contract from January 2019
• To provide administrative support, including responding to general queries, maintaining information databases and online application forms • In conjunction with the Scholarships Manager, organise student functions
• Provide ongoing advice for scholars arriving the UK
• Assist with liaising with universities in South Africa and promoting scholarship opportunities
• Assist with monitoring impact of our scholarship programmes, including creating surveys and data analysis
• Participate in the scholarship assessment and selection process, including reviewing applications forms and assisting with scheduling interviews
• Assist with maintaining the Trust’s online presence (updating and creating content for the scholarships pages of our website and social media)
New trustees, please click here for more information.